Monday, November 9, 2009

My Rockets Work

So, Ares I-X, a test of my rocket design, worked after all. And it worked just as I predicted it would. I mention this because some...well, many, have blathered over the years that the Ares I design would not work because of thrust oscillation due to acoustic vibration, adverse yaw control, buckling...the list goes on. It is important to keep in mind that none of these critics could have passed any graduate course I have taught much less earn even half the degrees I have. None of those critics could have designed a marble but they naturally, having read Aviation Week & Space Technology and Popular Mechanics could tell me that I didn't know what I was doing. I guess all of my degrees were honorary. But data speaks for itself, and the test of the Ares I first stage rocket was a resounding success, something some of my critics only acknowledge in a very belated manner.

What does the success of the Ares I-X test and the first stage motor test tell us? The message is pretty clear--don't listen to dumb people.